Woohoo "Toilet Tax"

For most General Posts.
Forum rules
The articles and opinions written on this website , might not reflect the views of the site, We do not give legal advice and in no way are we responsible for what is written by our members

Woohoo "Toilet Tax"

Postby bodge » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:26 am

It was only a matter of time before the shit hit the pan :lol: :lol:

EAST WILLISTON, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — Schools in Nassau County have joined together to try and flush away a new fee they say will literally drain their budgets.

Every flush in every school could soon cost taxpayers, thanks to a new sewer use fee. However, school districts are fighting back against what they’ve dubbed a “toilet tax,” reports CBS 2’s Carolyn Gusoff.

“It is absurd,” East Williston School Board President Mark Kamberg said Tuesday.

Especially, critics said, at Wheatley School, which doesn’t even have sewers.

“We have septic tanks and the water seeps into the ground,” Kamberg said.

Wheatley’s water goes into its own tanks, the ground or it gets consumed. Yet Wheatley, like all of Nassau’s schools, is expected to pay the new sewer fee imposed by County Executive Ed Mangano, who in effect said for too long not-for-profits have been getting a free flush.

“The free ride is over and homeowners will no longer subsidize this expense,” Mangano said.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/20/ ... oilet-tax/
Ged tha mi bochd tha mi uasal ; buidheachas do Dhia is ann de
Chlann 'ill Eathain mi (Though I am poor I am proud; thank God I am
a Maclean.)
bodge

Re: Woohoo "Toilet Tax"

Postby haarp » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Wow.. so what's the point in income tax if it isn't already paying for our sewer system? Whole thing is a scam
haarp

Postby bodge » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Dont get your manpons in a twist, thats only in america fortunately.
a Maclean.)
bodge

Postby tr0niks » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:15 pm

The original article does confirm this is a sewer use fee of one penny per gallon. If the school has a septic tank so sewer use = 0 then they should happily accept this rate - or are americans so dense that they can't work out how to multiply anything by zero. Isn't "do the math" one of their phrases.

About ten years ago, one of the water companies here in uk tried to enforce sewage charges in some parts of the midlands and cut off non-payers. The result was that people just dumped their shit outside. When cholera and typhoid reappeared for first time in over a hundred years, they were forced to stop.

Looks like an ideal opportunity for people to set up composting toilets. Don't let them take the piss! this shit is valuable fertiliser! :D
Freedom is nothing if it is not to live as you wish! Exactly as you wish! - Isaac Asimov
tr0niks

Postby bodge » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Its a penny today then 10p tomorrow, you know how it gets hijacked once its in. (admin charges) :lol:
a Maclean.)
bodge

Return to General