dont pay your TV licence, haha

Forum rules
The articles and opinions written on this website , might not reflect the views of the site, We do not give legal advice and in no way are we responsible for what is written by our members

dont pay your TV licence, haha

Postby skipper1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:57 am

heres a simple step to not paying your TV licence.

1 - inform TV licencing that you dont need a licence for whatever reason, this will put you on a register not to be contacted for 2 years, but they will send someone round to check (bollocks)

2 - then go online to buy a TV licence, fill out al the forms untill you get to bank account, and fill in some wrong information so it wont clear, cancelled credit card, whatever as long as they dont take a payment.

3 - as the payment did not go through they would normally contact you to tell you this, but because you already put yourself on the block list for 2 years they wont caontact you.

4 - should they try to do you for not having a TV licence, then you were not informed by them and as far as you are concerned its all good.

or just tell them to fuck off as you have no intention of paying a private company contracted through the bbc (another private company) to pay the treasury (another private company)

wow my first post for a long time
skipper1

Re: dont pay your TV licence, haha

Postby Chug » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Just ignoring them is the best tactic, if they don't know who you are they cannot take you to court, it's worked well for over 20 years for some folks on anti licence forums and having contact with them gives them info they may use against you.

love n harmony in the community
Chug
Enemy of the state
You can fool some people sometimes But you can't fool all the people all the time, So now we see the light, We gonna stand up for our right, So you'd better, Get up stand up, stand up for your right, get up, stand up, don't give up the fight.
Chug

Postby bodge » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:17 pm

I think you must have taken a stupid pill skip, I think its your most idiotic post. If you do not contract with them at the door, they cannot do anything. They believe they have the law on their side and they do not if they do not have legal joinda.

However having said all that they are indeed becoming a law unto themselves and the legal system is very accomodatingly and obligingly prosecuting people often quite illegaly because of over active "Enforcement Officers" who are stuck so far up their own egos and truly believe they have "the law" on their side and coming out with ridiculous statements like this "we can of course put a surveillance team outside your home" (this was said to me, I burst out laughing) as if I was meant to be worried about their pissy little pussy surveillance team, these people couldnt detect a fart in a box.

Its all about fear and thats it. If a surveillance team set up outside my house and I found out about, two quick phone calls and their van would be on its roof in minutes. There is however an interesting development, the last time one came round he was holding a small meter that he claimed was receiving a signal from my address, in fact I did not have a TV set in the house and I still wouldnt let him in to check which led to him "assuming" I did have one. I wanted them to take every possible measure available to them to waste as much as possible of their effort, time and money in attempting to secure a prosecution for a "non crime" and then laugh at them because they cannot.

It has gone beyond a joke and it is all about the people of this country taking a stand which of course the majority are not ready to do (but they will in the end)
Ged tha mi bochd tha mi uasal ; buidheachas do Dhia is ann de
Chlann 'ill Eathain mi (Though I am poor I am proud; thank God I am
a Maclean.)
bodge

Postby checkmate » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:34 pm

i claimed common law jurisdiction when he looked me i told him was now trespassing and as thought he was in attack mode i said i must defend my self as your now in my my time and space in attack mode,he ran off me drive jumped in car and quickly drove off , he did not give time to pull me letters out, what sent to tv license, about sir loins treason acts. they was my next move :lol: he was gone faster than rabbit up hole....
checkmate

Postby skipper1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:40 pm

alright bodge chill out lol. no i did it this way because of my girlfriend freaks at stuff like this, i had to stop them contacting so she does not see we dont have one so she cant freak out. lol. me on the other hand would revel in contact.
skipper1

Postby bodge » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:48 pm

I know what you mean I told a mate of mine not to contract with them anymore and as soon as they went round to see him (despite his "big talk") he let them in and was offering tea and biscuits and he would have probably blown the pair of them if I hadnt disturbed him, (they make me real mad)
a Maclean.)
bodge

Postby eryca313 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:56 pm

hi ppl I am new to this forum can you explain somet for me pls:i dont understand....if you dont renew your TVL each year you dont have to pay for the license? so all that stuff about "watching computer, tv, dvd or anything else without tv licence is illegal" is a lie????
eryca313

Postby e11 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:05 am

I wouldn't say a lie exactly, however their enforcement officers do lie, and spread fear among non licenced households as if every house with a TV MUST have a licence, which is not the case
My only wish is to live well. To form memory's which demonstrate a full enjoyable life!!! I am not Greedy
e11

Postby bodge » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:19 pm

TVL are stupid beyond belief and they believe because its "their job" on the line (which is what this witch hunt is all about) they will try ANYTHING and no amount of BS is enough. DO NOT give them your name (they are NOT authorised to force you) DO NOT confirm your address, DO NOT "contract" with them by revealing ANY personal details whatsoever and they will have to walk away. DO NOT be fooled into believing these people have ANY kind of "authority" because they dont.
a Maclean.)
bodge

Postby e11 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Sounds like good information, however after cancelling through their website, they will already have my details, so when they come out in a month or 2 to verify my cancellation through their website, they might just guess who I am when I answer the door.

I may need to ignore the door for the first few months
My only wish is to live well. To form memory's which demonstrate a full enjoyable life!!! I am not Greedy
e11

Next

Return to TV Licence