Sure, I have a time machine and I just got back from 2020.
Of course, it's just a conjecture that conforms with clues that are present in embryonic form:
1. It is a constant elite litany that there are too many people and that we're ruining the Earth (for them). As one small example, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh expressed the wish to be reincarnated as a deadly virus. Their "studies" state an optimal population of less than 1 bn.
2. They like to have all those secret meetings, and have been doing so for a very long time. The subtext that emerges is that they consider themselves the owners and the rest of us, a problem to be managed.
3. All the big corporations co-operate fully with governments which is a necessary part of why they are so big, whether its IG Farben, IBM or Google.
4. Indeed, the elite are symbiotic with the State and constitute a de facto government. Why else is it that no matter who gets elected, they always turn out to be the same lying predators that we had before? Is Cameron any different from Blair, or Obama from Bush? To answer that, look at what they're doing at both home and abroad. Now how they get there: the outomce of the elections are pre-determined by careful filtering, financing and in a worst case, assassination, by media conglomerates, banking interests, malevolent billionaires, and the intelligence agencies.
5. So many terrorist events turn out to be false flag operations and that so neatly serves the building of a stronger police state. Ten years ago, anyone who suggested that the IRA bombings for example were British government operations would be dismissed as insane, and now the evidence does tend to suggest just that. As each year goes by previously fringe conspiracy theories about violent events such as 9/11 and 7/7 become more solid, and more and more mainstream analysts and insiders come out in support.
6. But if you add up the preceding clues the picture is that they hate the human species and want to destroy us, either by annihilation or by "a boot stamping on a human face, forever."