Bedroom Tax for Muslims...?

Discuss anything benefit related

Bedroom Tax for Muslims...?

Postby David L » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Been reading on the internet, and have come accross the imformation that Muslims do not need to pay the bedroom tax, IF the unused room is used for prayer/a prayer room.......i cant find any concrete evidence about this and just wondered if the members here could throw any light on the subject.

Thanks.
David L

Re: Bedroom Tax for Muslims...?

Postby enegiss » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 pm

David L wrote:Been reading on the internet, and have come accross the imformation that Muslims do not need to pay the bedroom tax, IF the unused room is used for prayer/a prayer room.......i cant find any concrete evidence about this and just wondered if the members here could throw any light on the subject.

Thanks.

no bed, no tax, religious freedom eh! what a bummer :lol:

it isnt compulsory yet to call a room a "bed" room, it just means it is big enough to get a bed in, unless you need the room obviously for something else like study or meditation or a place of privacy. whilst others in the household may not practise these things, some do, and ive never yet seen a bed in a church, but then again they dont get taxed either do they :lol: .

dont worry, wait until the second toilet tax comes in, they will get them then :lol:
enegiss

Postby Jujayhan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:00 pm

Oh hello! Another piece of media shit to stoke up the hate campaign! What's this one then? Designed to take everyone's eye off the funeral bill maybe?
Jujayhan

Postby David L » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:33 pm

This is why ive asked the question, it is being discussed out there over the internet......some think its rumour and others seem to think its actually true.

Personally i would say a two/three bedroomed house, is just that, its errelivent what the rooms are used for......
David L

Postby northeastgadgy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:47 am

I saw this also but it was said to be a load of bollocks and people just stirring up shit (I'm not saying that is the intent of the OP) and this claim was linked to a previous claim that the same group were using this to get council tax relief claiming a room was used as a prayer room so the house was not being used to its full potential but part used for religious reasons such as a property owner claiming the house was used for storage or under renovation to dodge council tax.
¸.•´¯`•.¸ ><((((º> ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.
northeastgadgy

Return to Benefits